Link Unshortener 8.1 and Tweaks for Twitter 2.0
From: Jeff Johnson (jeffjohnsonunderpassapp.com)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 06:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hello mailing list subscribers!

Yesterday I released two software updates in the Mac App Store: Link
Unshortener 8.1 and Tweaks for Twitter 2.0.

If you're not familiar with Link Unshortener, it's my Mac app that expands
shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL.
https://underpassapp.com/LinkUnshortener/

Link Unshortener 8.1 is a minor update. Here are the release notes:
• Fixed a bug where "&" was not unescaped in meta http-equiv redirects.
• Added "campaign_id" to list of Known Trackers.
• Added "Exclusions" window to exclude specified URLs from unshortening.
• Added a menu item to sign up for the new announcements-only email list.
• Improved some of the error messages.

The new Exclusions window allows you to skip unshortening for specified URLs.
This is especially useful if you've set Link Unshortener as your default web
browser. See the support page for a bit more information:
https://underpassapp.com/LinkUnshortener/support.html#exclusions

Tweaks for Twitter is my brand new app! I just released version 1.0 this week,
followed by version 2.0 a few days later. (There are infinitely many positive
integers, so I don't believe in conserving version numbers.) Tweaks for Twitter
is a macOS web browser extension that improves the user interface of
twitter.com in many ways. Tweaks works in Safari for Mac, Google Chrome for
Mac, and any other Chromium-based web browser for the Mac, such as Brave,
Microsoft Edge, and Vivaldi. If you're a Twitter user, I hope you'll check it
out.
https://underpassapp.com/tweaks/

Tweaks for Twitter 2.0 adds preferences, so you can specify which Twitter
"tweaks" you want to enable or disable.

That's all for now. I'll probably release a minor StopTheMadness update
sometime in the next 2 weeks. Then Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference
starts June 7. I assume that Apple will preview a new version of macOS, which
of course I'll be beta testing to make sure my software is fully compatible.

Jeff

  • (no other messages in thread)